viernes, 19 de junio de 2015

Some conclusions about mentoring TDD

Today I finished the first round of katas to try TDD among all members of the software engineering team I'm part of.

I learned quite a lot from them and the best part of it was that they seem enthusiastic to incorporate TDD in their next developments. Features like thinking about tiny steps, pair programming have made have taught them another way to do better software and faster.

Some of them have seen the benefits of not doing overengineering.  Some others have seen the importance of refactoring, though there is a lack of refactoring practice which I'm quite confident to solve with katas.

My intention is to keep doing katas all the time and hope the team start doing the same. I mean, they have seen themselves the benefits of the katas.

There is still a long way to accomplish my goal which is to transform the way software is being done here at the Mexican Stock Exchange. It's such a good start. I just can promise to try hard, learn, share and mentor whenever I can.

Finally, should I mention an analogy for doing katas I would say that is like football players, in fact any sportsman, you have to train before performing your activity. In doing software it is the same, we must train before performing, though we play a match everyday not twice a week like a football player.

No hay comentarios: